Visit Us on FaceBook! Email Us


Frequently Used Forms

  • New York State Voter Registration Forms - Use to register, or change address, name, or party affiliation:
    • Complete Form Online pdf This link allows you to type your information in online. However, you will still need to print out the form when completed, sign and date it, and mail it to the Board of Elections. If you have trouble using this form, try just printing out the form below.
    • Print Form only pdf (Form only, cannot fill in online.)
  • Military or Federal Voter Registration and Absentee Ballot Request pdf (For voters living outside the US, or in the military.) (Notes: If your version of Adobe Reader supports it, you can type in your information on this form, then print it, sign it, and mail it to the Board of Elections. NY State does not require a witness for signature unless you sign with an "X", you do not have to fill in "Race", and only give us the last 4 digits of your Social Security number.) Military and Federal voter applications are good through two Federal elections cycles. (Federal elections occur in even numbered years.) Also see: Move Act
  • Temporary Absentee Application pdf (for voters away on Election Day due to business, vacation, etc. Also for students attending school outside Tompkins County who want to vote from their home address)

Note: if you requested we mail you an absentee ballot and you haven't received it 7 - 10 days before the election, please call us (607 274 5521). More information about Absentee Ballots.

  • Federal Write In Absentee Ballot. This form can only be used by citizens overseas who applied for a ballot 30 days before the election but did not receive the regular ballot. Forms can be picked up at US Embassies or from Military Voter Assistance Officers. Call our office 607 274 5521 or email us for more information.

Print out and complete your form, then mail to:
Tompkins County Board of Elections
128 E. Buffalo St. Ithaca, NY 14850


(If you're not a resident of Tompkins County, mail forms to your home county's Board of Elections.)

For registering and voting in other States: